It’s officially my birthday month!!!! I can’t quite believe we’ve rolled round to May already. I really loved writing my February Reflections and looking forward to March post a few months back, so I thought another little ramble was certainly due.
Not a load happened in April, I enjoyed some time back at home off uni at the beginning of the month, then got back into the swing of things for my final term. With just two essays to write until the end of the third year, everything has definitely been a lot less stressful which I’m grateful for as things come to an end. In terms of my mental health, I found myself having a bit of a wobble as the stress of job hunting dawned on me. Throughout April I found myself applying for a lot of graduate jobs, and with friends securing full-time work after uni I felt the pressure. A trip back home and a few mediocre interviews I’m beginning to calm down and realise what will be will be.
May is going to be quite possibly the maddest month so far. I have a Sports Awards evening this Friday which is basically some food and a night out, and next Thursday I’ll be at the annual Netball ball, probably crying my eyes out at the thought of leaving all of my netball best friends. The hangover can’t be a long one because that weekend is UEA’s annual Pimp My Barrow event – it’s a super fun day event where you dress up, along with dressing up a wheelbarrow and have a good old day drinking session before a night out!! It’s all in aid of Cancer Research and is a real big event down here in Norwich. Following that, I’ll be spending a weekend at Centre Parcs with all my family to celebrate my 21st which I am SO excited for. And finally, I’ll be ending the month in Prague with a few of my coursemates to celebrate surviving uni together!
So.. yeah, I’m pretty busy.
I’m so excited for all the fun I have, and I’m glad I have such a fun-packed month before graduating and stepping out into the ‘real world’ come June, but there are a few to-do’s this month…
- I would love to bag a job. I’ve had a couple of interviews which regardless of what way they go, they’ve been a good experience for me, but I’m eager to know what I’m going to be doing once I graduate so securing a job would be the dream!!
- But don’t worry too much. Equally, I don’t want to get too bogged down or wrapped up in finding a job. I found myself struggling at the end of the month which I know is a total waste of energy. I know what will be will be, and whatever job I find myself in will be the right one for me. I have a back-up of Tesco’s so money isn’t an issue. I want to take my time and make sure the job I take is the right decision!
- Finish uni. That’s so scary to say! I have just two more essays to complete before I finish uni for good. I’m hoping to get my head down and keep up my good track record and hopefully be able to graduate with a high 2:1 in July!
- Get back on the blogging bandwagon. I feel like these last few weeks I’ve found myself having fallen off the blogging game. I’ve lacked the motivation and inspiration to get down and photograph and write my posts, so I’m hoping with some more spare time later in the month I can pick this back up and put in a few more hours into my blog!
- Have fun. My biggest thing this month is to simply have fun and enjoy myself. It’s my 21st and I’m finishing university – I’ll probably never have this much free time again so I just want to enjoy myself, have a few bevs, have a boogie, and make some brilliant memories before life gets serious!
Do you have any plans for May?