Today I come to you with a recipe, and a yummy one at that! I am totally kicking myself for not taking more photos when J and I made these American Pancakes a few weeks ago, I didn’t even think about blogging about them at the time! Nonetheless, here is how you can make these beauties…
- 135g of self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 130ml of milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespons of melted butter
- First up, you want to sieve the flour and baking powder into the sugar. Sieving will ensure you end up with super fluffy pancakes!
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the butter, milk, and egg.
- Next, mix the wet and dry mixtures together, and beat until a smooth batter is formed.
- Finally, on a heated pan, melt a bit of butter and spoon some of the mixture on – the mixture will be super thick, but it’s meant to be!
You can serve the pancakes however you want, Jamie and I went sweet with lots of Nutella and some fresh strawberries for the benefit of the doubt! They were so delicious and I know we’re going to be whipping up another batch soon!
Have you tried American Pancakes before?