I’m still alive, I haven’t posoined myself so far, and I’m onto my third week of university.
It seems so crazy to me still that I’m here, on my own for the next three years building my future. I already feel so different as a person than what I did a few weeks ago. There have been tears, lots of burnt food, long boring lectures but there’s been a lot of fun too, and after just a couple of week I thought I could share the top 12 things I’ve learnt so far:
- If you’re feeling homesick, go out and do something.
- Don’t leave biscuits and other fattening snacking foods in your room, you will eat them.
- It’s 100% okay not to go out every night of freshers.
- It’s 110% okay to want to get early nights!
- Everybody is lovely, be brave and talk to people… make friends!
- You can’t live on pasta and noodles for the rest of your life.
- Sometimes the best nights are those unplanned.
- Start the semester as you mean to go on, be organised and work your butt off.
- Make an extra effort with everything you do.
- Fresher flu is real. And you WILL catch it.
- Cover your room with photos and bring as many teddies as you like.
- Do what YOU want to do.. you’re here for yourself!