I'm still alive, I haven't posoined myself
It seems so crazy to me still that I'm here, on my own for the next three years building my future. I already feel so different as a person than what I did a few weeks ago. There have been tears, lots of burnt food, long boring lectures but there's been a lot of fun too, and after just a couple of week I thought I could share the top 12 things I've learnt so far:
- 1. If you're feeling homesick, go out and do something.
- 2. Don't leave biscuits and other fattening snacking foods in your room, you will eat them.
- 3. It's 100% okay not to go out every night of freshers.
- 4. It's 110% okay to want to get early nights!
- 5. Everybody is lovely, be brave and talk to people... make friends!
- 6. You can't live on pasta and noodles for the rest of your life.
- 7. Sometimes the best nights are those unplanned.
- 8. Start the semester as you mean to go on, be organised and work your butt off.
- 9. Make an extra effort with everything you do.
- 10. Fresher flu is real. And you WILL catch it.
- 11. Cover your room with photos and bring as many teddies as you like.
- 12. Do what YOU want to do.. you're here for yourself!